Deadline: 15 April 2015 - 12:00am
Dates: 11 - 14 November 2015
Where: Rabat, Morocco
Call for Submissions from Artists/DJ’s/VJ’s/Music Film/Music Video Submissions
Visa For Music (VFM) is the first professional market of Africa and Middle-East musics. The project is born from a paradox : on the one hand, the lack –or even the absence- of visibility of African and Middle Eastern artists at an international level and, on the other hand, there is a presence of a very important artistic dynamism and musical creation that these musicians need to be recognized for.
Visa For Music aims at highlighting African and Middle Eastern artists.
The six main goals of Visa For Music are:
- Promote the music of Morocco, Africa and the Middle East to Europe and northern markets
- Encourage artistic mobility between African countries and the Middle East
- Participate in the development of the local cultural sector in these areas
- Develop the music scene at an international level
- Contribute to the improvement of the status of artists from southern countries
- Strengthen the North-South relationship in the cultural sector
Only 3 weeks are left to send in your files. Deadline is April 15 2015, at 23:59 sharp !
4 calls have been sent out for this second edition of Visa For Music :
- Call for artists application
- Call for DJ’s/VJ’s
- Call for music film submissions
- Call for music video submissions
24 artists (bands), 6 music documentaries, and 10 videoclips will be chosen by specialised juries. The selection will be presented to over 1.000 professionals from all over the world.
Note : The beauty of African music is not confined to the geographical continent. Artists from the diaspora (e.g. Afro-carribean) are welcomed as well.
Please click here for more info.Read older posts from this section