Deadline: 15 April 2016 - 12:00am
Where: Cape Town
The Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC) is a non-governmental organisation that supports the social processes of community-based organisations that want to work for themselves, by facilitating engagements with formal actors like the State.
CORC seeks to appoint a Technical Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
His/her main role will be to oversee and guide the various projects.
The Technical Coordinator will report to the Manager: Financial, Technical and Project Support.
- Project management implementation;
- Facilitate partnerships between stakeholders and communities;
- Support, design and implementation of community led informal settlement upgrade projects; and
- Work with communities in a participatory manner.
- Postgraduate diploma/certificate in project management or architecture;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Architectural or design experience;
- Minimum of two years of experience working nonprofit organisation experience;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position;
- Proficient in AutoCAD or other design applications;
- Knowledge of human settlement policy;
- Experience in project management;
- Basic knowledge of building regulations;
- Report writing skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to give attention to detail;
- Organising and coordination qualities;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Negotiating skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Self-motivated and resourceful;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines and time pressures; and
- Build and maintain and retain relationships
To apply, send a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Community Organisation Resource Centre, refer to www.corc.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.Read older posts from this section