Deadline: 16 September 2016 - 12:00am
The Global Land Tool Network (GLTN), based at UN-Habitat, has advertised two positions linked to its work on securing land and natural resources tenure.
The advertisement is for two Programme Management Officers. Their responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and provide substantive advice and guidance on the implementation of assigned projects and initiatives towards strengthening and scaling-up policies, tools and approaches for securing land and natural resources tenure.
- Ensuring strengthening of the collective knowledge base on land and natural resources tenure security by initiating and disseminating action research activities, policy dialogues, learning exchanges and multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Through research and consultation with strategic partners, identifying appropriate tools, approaches and capacity development initiatives suitable for project implementation and for possible adoption and application at country level and coordinate and support its piloting and implementation.
- Ensuring effective and timely execution of the assigned projects and activities by coordinating the delivery of project outputs and activities, strengthening the strategic partnerships and linkages, providing substantive inputs and guidance in project activities.
- Providing oversight and quality assurance to documentation, reporting and dissemination of lessons learned, experiences and opportunities for growth and scaling up of field or country level projects and interventions related to improving land and natural resources tenure security.
- Maintaining and strengthening partnerships with strategic partners, regional and country level partners towards a more effective and partnership-driven approach to improve tenure security of poor and vulnerable groups.
- Providing guidance and substantive inputs to and support to project-related missions, meetings and conferences including on learning and capacity development initiatives.
- Performing other duties as required.
For more information, please download and read the job advertisement document.