Deadline: 16 December 2016 - 12:00am
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
The UN-HABITAT City Planning, Extension and Design Unit (UPDB) internship is for 5-6 months. The Internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. These will include assisting in the definition and implementation of the UPDB and CPEDU activities and outputs, such as urban planning methodology review, development of projects and tools, documentation and evaluation of practice, and organization of expert meetings, preparation of field missions and scoping missions.
- Support the designated programme (LAB, Kenya, Public Space, Planning and Technology) in the development of concrete urban planning and design projects, workshops, trainings, Charrettes and different tools to promote urban planning and design
- Assist in the development of UN-Habitat/UPDB urban planning policy documents, guidelines, information materials, presentations through identification and review of relevant publications and documents, drafting and commenting on documents, and assisting in producing information materials.
- Update and maintain records of the Urban Planning work being undertaken by UN-Habitat and partners
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The intern will work under the direct supervision of an Urban Planning Expert from the CPEDU and assist in development of the Urban Planning agenda activities of the Urban Planning and Design Branch as well as other Units in UN-Habitat. The specific positions offered for the interns are:
- Support the UPDB/CPEDU Coordinator and Head of Unit (Policy and management profile)
- Support the Urban Planning and Design LAB (Urban planning and design profile)
- Support the Kenya Programme (Urban planning and design profile)
- Support the Public Space Programme (Urban planning and design profile)
- Support the Communication Strategy of the UPDB, CPEDU and Urban Planning and Design LAB (Communication and technology profile)
- Support the Planning and Technology workteam (Technology, web design and programming profile)
For more information and to apply visit UN Careers.Read older posts from this section