Deadline: 30 May 2016 - 12:00am
Dates: 7 - 8 June 2016
Where: Maputo, Mozambique
In 2016 the Mozambican government will host the first Mozambique National Urban Forum in partnership with the Association of Municipalities in Mozambique (ANAMM) and with the support of the development partners Cities Alliance, GIZ and UN-Habitat.
The National Urban Forum (FUN) is a multilateral platform that aims to promote a debate and to support procedures relating to sustainable urban development at the country level, including national contributions and participation in global development strategies. The FUN will bring together urban stakeholders, including decision makers, citizens and international partners.
The first FUN event will take place in Maputo from 8 to 10 June 2016, and will be preceded by the National Urban Research Forum (Fórum Urbano Nacional de Pesquisa, FUN-P). The FUN-P aims to foster research contributions for the development of better management and progress of ongoing urbanization in Mozambique. The main purposes of the FUN-P event are to:
- Establish a scientific discussion on urbanization in Mozambique.
- Mobilize academia that is involved in research and that can support the discussion on urban policies.
- Facilitate the dialogue between academia, public and private sectors to improve informed decision-making of stakeholders that influence urbanization patterns.
Papers should focus on one or a combination of the following four areas:
- Expansion and compactness of cities: factors and patterns of the urban form
- Governance and planning: practices and instruments that influence urbanization
- Access to urban land: formal and informal practices and urban stakeholders that influence the expansion and compactness of cities
- Socio-economic and environmental impacts of urban growth
For more information on the FUN-P event, including submission dates and guidelines, please download the call for papers document.
Image via AAPS.