Deadline: 30 January 2015 - 12:00am
Dates: 22 - 24 June 2015
Where: Incheon, Republic of Korea
Venue: Incheon: Songdo Convensia, 6-1 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, 406-840 Incheon
Conveners: International Forum on Urbanism (IFoU)
True smart and green city? is organized by SungKyunKwan University (SKKU) within the framework of the International Forum on Urbanism (IFoU) in collaboration with universities of the IFoU network, GSSI Cities as well as the City of Incheon and MDPI.
The conference will focus on the question how smart and green concepts, systems and interventions could truly constitute to the construction, management, operation and maintenance of sustainable and resilient urbanities, in the framework of both new urban developments and the transformation of existing urban environments.
During the conference, scientific results, design concepts and technical solutions will be presented. Furthermore theoretical approaches, professional experiences and best practices will be discussed. Accordingly the target group is multidisciplinary and includes a wide range of different backgrounds: architects and urban planners; policy makers, students and researchers from different disciplines; managers and politicians, all of whom are involved in or interested in design, planning and the management of the built environment.
Conference Themes and Subtopics
- True Smart & Green Urban Society
Keywords: Social responsibility, benefits redistribution, participation, integration, informal sector, communities & community based development, individualism and collectivism, political conditions, network society, green urban culture, generic city and identity, social inequalities, kampong, slums and squatters, historic urban core, cultural sustainability, social resilience, local wisdom, social justice.
- True Smart & Green Urban Economies
Keywords: Economical life cycle analysis of buildings and/or infrastructures from neighborhood to city level, green urban economies, regional economy & currencies, effects of globalization, social-economic resilience.
- True Smart & Green Urban Planning and Governance
Keywords: Institutions, reform, integrated planning, management & governance, stakeholder participation, welfare, tools and systems for the quantification of sustainability aspects, assessment and certification tools LEED ND, BREEAM, CASBEE, DGNB.
- True Smart & Green Urban Design and Visions
Keywords: Designs, visions and practice examples of true smart and green landscape, architecture and urbanism; urban concepts and designs for new developments; regeneration and transformation of existing urban environments on different scales; plans and concepts for true smart and green urban (re)developments.
- True Smart & Green Urban Technologies and Infrastructure Systems
Keywords: Smart infrastructures for telecommunication, urban mining, urban farming, technologies and systems for sustainable resource management aiming for zero emission (sustainable production and management of water, energy, waste), public health and air quality, smart individual and public transport systems, electric mobility, urban network, urban nodes, high-density
Publications and Indexing
- Papers will be published in Conference Proceedings (with ISBN number). Each participant will receive a copy of the conference proceedings.
- Conference papers and presentations will be available online (open access) after the conference via Sciforum.net.
- DOI numbers will be registered for each paper in the conference proceeding issue.
- Published papers are amongst others referenced by CrossRef.
- Thomson and Reuters will be approached for possible indexing of the proceedings in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index (available through Web of Science).
- Authors are encouraged to submit their conference papers after the conference to the journal Sustainability indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded and the Social Sciences Citation Index(Web of Science), Impact Factor: 1.077 (Journal Citations Reports, 2013).
- Best paper award: Amongst the presented full conference paper contributions 5 best papers will be selected. The fee for publication in the journal Sustainability will be waived for the 5 best papers.
Abstracts and papers are reviewed by members of the IFoU Scientific Board and the International Review Panel.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Dr. Nguyen Quang, UN Habitat, Vietnam
- Prof. Dennis Frenchman, MIT, USA
- Prof. Mark Swilling, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Incheon: Songdo Convensia, 6-1 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, 406-840 Incheon
How to Participate
- Please submit an abstract with max. 300 words (in English) by 31 January 2015.
- Abstracts should be submitted online via http://sciforum.net/conference/ifou/:
- All submissions will be reviewed by members of the IFoU Scientific Board and the International Review Panel.
- Acceptance decision notification of corresponding authors by 1 February 2015.
- For accepted abstracts, a proceedings paper should be submitted by 1 April 2015.
- Register with the conference (deadline for early bird registrations: 31 March 2015).
Presenting authors and conference participants
Prices include a copy of the conference proceedings, lunches, snacks and the conference dinner.
- Early registration fee (until 31 March 2015): US Dollar 390
- Regular registration fee: US Dollar 490
- Staff members of IFoU-network institutes: US Dollar 195
- Students (Including PhD students): US Dollar 195
- DAILY entrance fee (after 1 June 2015): US Dollar 165
Special fee for non-presenting & non-attending authors (virtual registration)
Accepted papers are included in the conference proceedings, and are published online (open access) on the conference website on sciforum.net, optionally with a presentation and/ or video file.
- Early registration fee (until 31 March 2015): US Dollar 195
- Regular registration fee: US Dollar 245
- Staff members of IFoU-network institutes: US Dollar 98
Special fee – visiting students
- Non-presenting (without proceedings & services): US Dollar 30
Read older posts from this section