In 2014/15, with support from the Department for International Development, the African Centre for Cities at the University of Cape Town carried out a study to explore the extent to which cities in Sub-Saharan Africa are harnessing urban land values to finance city infrastructure.
The research programme generated several reports, eight of which are available here.
- Guideline for Cities in Sub-Saharan Africa on Applying Land-Based Financing for Urban Infrastructure Finance
- Literature Review on Land-Based Finance for Urban Infrastructure
- Project Summary Findings
- Sub-Saharan Africa Property Development Overview with Implications for Land-Based Financing
- Report on Nairobi Case Study
- Report on Harare Case Study
- Report on African land and Infrastructure City Scan
Source: African Centre for Cities
Photo Credit: Guillén Pérez
|Publication Type||Research Report|
|Publisher||African Centre for Cities|
|Author(s)||Ian Palmer, Stephen Berrisford|